7 Facts about our HUM Nutrition Review
- Location: Los Angeles, California, USA
- Services: A range of supplements for skin, hair, body, and mood
- Cost: It varies. For instance, their best sellers like “FLATTER ME™” and “DAILY CLEANSE®” cost $26
- How to use: Take products as noted in the instructions
- Counseling available: Unlimited access to a registered nutritionist for free expert advice after taking the quiz
- How to order: You can buy HUM Nutrition directly from the website or other shops such as Amazon and Target
- Alternative Products: Nebula Genomics offers 30X Whole Genome Sequencing that decodes 100% of your DNA and gives reports on diet and much more!
This review is written with the intent to be as unbiased as possible. However, it represents the opinion of an individual reviewer and is therefore subjective. Furthermore, at Nebula Genomics we seek to educate the public about the benefits of Whole Genome Sequencing. Information about our Whole Genome Sequencing DNA test is therefore incorporated into the review.
October 31, 2023
Table of contents
- 7 Facts about our HUM Nutrition Review
- Pros and Cons
- The Science Behind HUM Nutrition
- Review of HUM Nutrition Products
- Review of HUM Nutrition Cost
- Other HUM Nutrition Reviews
- Nebula Genomics
Pros and Cons
- Cites clinical testing
- Emphasis on natural and sustainable ingredients
- Personalized nutrition advice available
- Some products might not be effective for everyone
- Some customers report they were unaware of a subscription
HUM Nutrition is a supplement company offering vitamins for skin, hair, body, and mood needs. Its primary mission is to enhance individual wellness through products with clean ingredients and tested actives.
HUM Nutrition’s journey is rooted in personal experience and a genuine passion for problem-solving. The co-founder, Walter, who faced challenges with skin health, inspired the brand. After trying various treatments with temporary results, Walter looked at the connection between gut health and skin health with the help of a nutritionist.
This exploration led to the birth of HUM Nutrition. The brand’s mission focuses on helping individuals feel good from the inside out, emphasizing health, wellness, and the importance of nutrition.
Quality is important for HUM Nutrition. It sources potent clinically tested activities, partners with the best suppliers, and avoids unnecessary fillers. Its commitment to sustainability is also evident, with packaging made from recycled materials, including prevented ocean plastic.
The Science Behind HUM Nutrition
HUM Nutrition works on a foundation of scientific research and a dedication to pure, high quality ingredients. To this end, each of its product pages contains information regarding scientific studies on either the product or its ingredients.
For example, Flatter Me® is marketed as a support for a flatter stomach, less bloating, and healthy digestion through a blend of digestive enzymes. The company sponsored a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial demonstrating that 80% of customers taking the “Flatter Me®” product reported less bloating after taking 1 dose. From HUM Nutrition’s website, it appears as if the company performs the studies themselves.
Beyond the efficacy of HUM products, the company focuses on clean standards, making sure their offerings are free from harmful additives and artificial ingredients. The products are also gluten free. It also has certifications such as the Clean Label Project and adherence to Good Manufacturing Processes.
Review of HUM Nutrition Products
Similar to other brands, HUM Nutrition offers a wide range of vitamins for various health and wellness needs. We’ll discuss some of the most popular below.
Most products are either capsules or soft gels.
Customers can search for HUM Nutrition products in four groups based on their skin needs. These include acne, dryness, firmness, and fine lines.
DAILY CLEANSE® is a best seller. Its formula contains 14 detoxifiers including chlorella and spirulina, types of green algae that helps bind impurities and eliminate them from the body through normal digestive processes. It also contains an herbal blend for removing toxins and anti-oxidants to improve skin appearance.
As a supplement, these skin care products act on the internal source of skin problems.
Active Ingredients include chlorella, spirulina, beetroot, red clover, dandelion leaf, matcha green tea powder, oregon grape root, milk thistle, MSM, alpha lipoic acid, zinc, selenium, copper, and manganese. The company claims that every ingredient is tested for purity and effectiveness.
Other skin products include:
- GUT INSTINCT™: balanced gut health with 10 probiotic strains
- SOS PMS GUMMIES: Supports hormonal balance and helps relieve PMS symptoms
- RED CARPET®: skin and hair
- OMG! OMEGA THE GREAT™: skin, heart, and brain health
- MIGHTY NIGHT: nightime skin health
- HYALURONIC GLOW GUMMIES: glowing skin
- COLLAGEN POP™: Collagen levels and skin hydration
- COLLAGEN LOVE™: Skin elasticity and firmness
- TURN BACK TIME™: Skin cell protection
- SKIN SQUAD PRE+PROBIOTIC™: clears non-cystic acne
- WING MAN™: Liver detox
- AIR PATROL™: Immune system, skin, and lungs
- RAW BEAUTY™: Energy, skin health, and metabolism
There are three groups of mood solutions: sleep, stress, and energy.
The ASHWAGANDHA CALM GUMMIES are listed as a best seller in mood. Their aim is to provide stress relief through a patented extract of ashwagandha & L-theanine. These are the only two ingredients in the product.
Ashwagandha (Sensoril®) helps manage the stress hormone cortisol and the body’s response to stress with continued use while L-theanine promotes relaxation and helps relieve emotional stress.
Other products that focus on mood are:
- BEAUTY ZZZZ GUMMIES: Sleep quality and digestive health
- MOODY BIRD: PMS
- SOS PMS GUMMIES: Hormonal balance and PMS symptoms
- FAN CLUB™: Perimenopause and menopause
- ÜBER ENERGY®: Energy
- BIG CHILL®: Stress, focus, and burnout
- BEAUTY ZZZZ™: Sleep
- HERE COMES THE SUN™: Immune system and mood
Hair and Nails
HAIR STRONG GUMMIES is the best seller in this group. The formula is designed to improve hair growth with a mixture of biotin, folic acid, B12 & zinc.
HUM sponsored a double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study of 65 females who took Hair Strong Gummies or a placebo daily for 6 months. The participants self-reported results. Overall, 94% reported better hair strength and 89% reported faster hair growth.
The other products are:
- RED CARPET®: Vitamins for glowing skin and shiny hair.
- KILLER NAILS®: Supports longer, stronger nails and hair.
There are over 25 products in this group as well as bundles to better support things like sleep and weight loss. In addition to supplements, this section also includes protein powders.
Categories include gut health, detox, bloating, women’s health, vaginal health, PMS, prenatal, menopause, weight, and immunity.
Review of HUM Nutrition Cost
The products vary in cost.
- Skin: $10-$40
- Mood: $10-$40
- Hair and Nails: $10-$26
- Body: $10-$50
- Bundles: $61-$98
The data is used to enhance services, communicate with users, conduct research, and for marketing purposes. It may also be used for legal reasons and safety measures. HUM Nutrition may share this information with various partners, including affiliates, service providers, and advertising partners, and in specific business items like mergers or acquisitions.
Users have the right to access, update, or delete their information and can opt out of marketing and advertising. The company employs safeguards to protect data but notes that no system is entirely secure. The policy also outlines provisions for international data transfer and children’s data, with the service not intended for individuals under 18.
For California residents, the policy includes specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). HUM Nutrition reserves the right to modify the policy and will notify users of significant changes. Contact information for privacy-related concerns is provided, and users can reach out via email or phone.
Other HUM Nutrition Reviews
HUM Nutrition is a recognized seller on Amazon’s North America Marketplaces, mainly offering health and household products. They have over 13 products available, with an average price of $28. In the past year, they’ve received feedback from 45 customers, earning an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
This means that customers generally find their products effective and of good value. Despite being a small seller on Amazon, its products are recommended due to their reasonable cost. Most people like the products and feel that the active ingredients are effective.
On Trustpilot, the company has mixed reviews, with a 1.4 star rating from 38 reviews. Some customers praise the effectiveness of the products. However, most of the reviews note that they were unaware a purchase automatically signed them up for a subscription plan. Additionally, it appears difficult to reach customer service and cancel your subscription.
Forbes emphasizes the company’s wide variety of dietary supplements, which are created by scientists and supported by nutritionists. However, Forbes also points out that some of HUM’s marketing claims, especially regarding detoxification, might stretch beyond what current evidence supports.
HUM Nutrition is mainly focused on nutritional supplements made for individual needs, such as promoting better skin, hair, body, and overall well-being. Did you know that these traits are also influenced by your genes? Understanding your genetic blueprint can often lead to insights before buying expensive products.
Nebula Genomics provides whole-genome sequencing, a comprehensive method that allows for the analysis of the entire genome. This service can provide insights into a wide range of genetic traits and predispositions.
With 30x Whole-Genome Sequencing, Nebula sequences 100% of your DNA to get to the root cause of every biological inclination. The test is incredibly accurate and includes other additions, including ancestry reporting and genome exploration tools. Regularly updated reports ensure that you will not miss the latest genetic research.
Nebula is not a diagnostic test, but the results are of the highest quality and can be used in consultation with health care professionals.
For only $299 or less, customers will get access to their entire genome, allowing them to continue to ask more questions as more research is conducted.
Did you like our HUM Nutrition review? You can read more reviews on our blog and check out our complete guide to the best DNA test kit and other home tests.
You may also want to check out these other supplement companies:
- Binto (women’s reproductive health)
- Care/of (personalized vitamin packs with research transparency)
- Garden of Life (clean supplements and a carbon neutral company)
- Guanabana (fruit claimed to have medicinal properties, but may also cause neurotoxicity)
- Life Extension (variety of health supplements, skincare products, and more)
- Nurish by Nature Made (vitamin packs recommended by online quiz)
- Nuzena (all natural supplements)
- Organixx (supplements with the claim to organic ingredients)
- Persona Nutrition (personalized supplement packs based on its Nutritional Health Assessment)
- Ritual vitamins (supplements for different life stages with transparent ingredients)
- Vous Vitamin (personalized all-in-one vitamin)