This review is written with the intent to be as unbiased as possible. However, it represents the opinion of an individual reviewer and is therefore subjective. Furthermore, at Nebula Genomics we seek to educate the public about the benefits of Whole Genome Sequencing. Information about our Whole Genome Sequencing DNA test is therefore incorporated into the review.
February 1, 2021
Table of Contents
- 7 Facts from our Bio X4 Review
- Bio X4 Introduction
- Review of the Science Behind Bio X4
- Review of Bio X4: A formula that controls hunger and improves metabolism
- Review of Bio X4 Privacy
- Bio X4 in the News
- Other Nucific Bio X4 Reviews (Updated April 2021)
- Bio X4 Pros and Cons
- Nebula Genomics
Edited by Christina Swords, Ph.D.
7 Facts from our Bio X4 Review
- Recommended dose: One capsule with each meal. You can double that dose but should not take more than six capsules in one day
- Active ingredients: Green tea extract, Caralluma fimbriata extract, five probiotic strains, and a digestive enzyme blend
- Costs: $99 for a bottle of Bio X4 containing 90 capsules (a 30 day supply)
- How to Order: You can order through the official website or third-party online sellers
- How it Works: You may order only one bottle or a stash of three or six bottles. To see results, the Company gives a 90-day money-back guarantee for you to try the product
- Who can take this: Men and women 18 years or older
- Other products: Nebula Genomics
Bio X4 Introduction
Bio X4 is a dietary supplement containing substances that help burn fat, boost metabolism, aid digestion, and provide more energy. Nucific, the company that products Bio X4, calls it a “4-in-1 weight management probiotic.” In this Bio X4 review, we will be looking at this product’s effectiveness in providing the benefits it promises.
The product is sold in a bottle with 90 capsules for a 1-month supply. BIO X4 uses four distinct groups of nutrients to aid those seeking to lose weight or are bloated or with digestive issues:
- Digestive enzymes to help break down nutrients from food
- Caralluma fimbriata, for craving control and appetite suppression
- Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) from green tea to boost your metabolism
- Probiotics for more comfortable digestion
Healthy gut bacteria is necessary for more efficient digestion and to ultimately achieve weight loss goals. The probiotics found in Bio X4 aim to balance the body’s digestive system and boost metabolism.
Due to the importance probiotics have to proper digestion and their potential to help lose weight, there are many products on the market containing these bacteria. Among them is Bio X4. Other options are Sun Genomics and Biohm.
Bio X4 is just one of the products produced by the company Nucific. This company also offers a series of other nutritional supplements as well. They wanted to create a solution for people who want to lose weight but don’t want to engage in excess exercise or go through painstaking diets. It is also for those who want to age well with fantastic skin without the need for synthetic fillers.
After years of research and development, they created this supplement that contains ingredients that effectively help achieve weight loss.
One characteristic of these supplements is the use of all-natural products, which means they are generally safe to take. However, the company itself acknowledges that the results may and will vary since our bodies are different.
Nebula Genomics offers leading technology to help you determine if your body will positively receive a dietary supplement such as Bio X4 and thus may reduce health and financial risks.
Review of the Science Behind Bio X4
The combination of the four main groups promoted by Nucific has not been proven to be effective. However, there is support for the effectiveness of each major group of ingredients the company claims are found in Bio X4.
The two most essential ingredients in the blend are EGCG and Caralluma fimbriata. But let’s explore all the contents of Bio X4 to understand better how they work to get the results as expected.
Probiotics, contained in this supplement, are microorganisms that help create a healthy environment or beneficial bacteria to grow in the gut. These bacteria will help harness the nutrients in food by promoting optimal digestion.
ECGC has a weight-management composition that boosts metabolism and helps your body burn more fat. Caralluma fimbriata is a cactus plant. Chemicals contained in this plant are thought to decrease appetite.
The enzymes in this product help you break down food more easily, boosting your body’s nutrient absorption.
The following are the claimed benefits associated with the use of Bio X4:
- Controls food cravings for junk food
- Boosts metabolism
- Supports a more comfortable digestion
- Helps your body burn more fat
- Helps boost your immune system
- Improves your entire body as digestion improges
- The product is purportedly lactose-, allergen-, and gluten-free
- Can help you keep the right energy level
Bio X4 Ingredients
Lactobacillus acidophilus: As the name suggests, this is a bacterium that produces lactic acid, which is a protein found in dairy. They are found in your intestines, and they have an important role in your overall health by helping them better break down nutrients from food.
Lactobacillus rhamnosus: These good bacteria live in your gut naturally, and they relieve IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and improve digestion.
Lactobacillus plantarum: Abundant and of human origin, Lactobacillus plantarum is used as a probiotic supplement that also acts as an antioxidant. It can suppress gas-producing bacteria and possibly treat IBS.
Bifidobacterium lactis: They have the vital role of controlling gut health and the immune system. It may also help treat IBS.
Bifidobacterium animalis: Bifidobacterium is a fundamental bacterium in the gut. Low levels of this organism have been linked to many diseases. These bacteria help digest dietary fiber and produce vitamins and other nutrients.
Amylase: This enzyme’s primary function is to convert starch (a complex carbohydrate) into simple sugars to energize the body.
Bromelain and Lipase: The former is an enzyme obtained from pineapple stems is thought to help improve digestive health. Lipase is a protein produced by the liver and helps break down fats.
Slimaluma™: A core ingredient in Bio X4, Caralluma fimbriata has been used for centuries to control hunger and reduce appetite.
Review of Bio X4: A formula that controls hunger and improves metabolism
Bio X4 can be found in some online stores sold by third-party sellers, but we recommend users to purchase through their website. There is no scientific evidence that the product works, but the ingredients do have a scientific backup on how they work to help digestion and break down nutrients.
How does the program work?
To get better results, Nucific will give customers 90 days to try the product worry-free. If not happy with the results, you can return the empty bottles and get a refund. We did not find too many negative reviews on the refund policy.
Visitors to the Nucific website may order one bottle with 90 pills for a 30-day supply. Although to get better results, you can commit to a three-month supply (3 bottles) or even a six-month (6 bottles) supply.
Review of Bio X4 cost (Updated April 2021)
At $99 a bottle, we believe that the price tag of Bio X4 is high. If you purchase three bottles ($261.36), you pay $87 per bottle, and if you are buying six bottles, you spend $81 per bottle. You can also subscribe to the website for an extra 10% discount.
The purchase is safe, though, since there is a 90-day money-back guarantee. If you do not have around $250 to spare, you can still get the three or six bottles and pay them in installments. Of course, this will bind you to the company for the time subscribed.
You may be able to find a cheaper alternative on Amazon, where a 90 count bottle is currently selling for $48.75.
Is Bio X4 safe?
There is no evidence that the product is not safe, except for some rare cases in which users observed bloating and even some bleeding. All the ingredients are natural, and some of them are even already present in your system. Clinical trials lasting 12 weeks show that the main ingredients are well tolerated.
Users have reported some Bio X4 side effects. These include flatulence and bloating. As with all weight loss supplements, consult with your physician before starting any dietary program. Ensure that you are not allergic to any of the ingredients or any pre-existing condition that may worsen with its use.
Did you know you can test your metabolism at home? Learn more in our article about metabolism tests at home.
Review of Bio X4 Privacy
Nucific also collects information that you provide when you purchase and when you subscribe to them. This includes targeted advertising via newsletters. You may opt-out of this, but this will not remove their ads while browsing the Internet.
Your information is kept only for the purposes according to Law. Nucific will not share your personal information with any third parties, except those affiliated to Unify Health Labs™.
Bio X4 in the News
What Meagan Good Can’t Live Without In this New York Magazine article, actress Meagan Good mentions Bio X4 as one of the products she uses and can’t live without.
Bio X4 Reviews – Is A Four in One Action Supplement for Real?
Best Probiotic Supplements – Top Probiotics for Gut Health and Best Probiotic Supplements: Top Probiotics for Women and Men both list Bio X4 as a top probiotic supplement
Other Nucific Bio X4 Reviews (Updated April 2021)
We found that most customer reviews have good stories to tell about the product. For the most part, the few that reported negative reviews did not feel that the product worked for them.
On the company website, the product received 4.6 out of 5 stars with over 3,500 reviews.
Nucific Bio X4 Amazon reviews rated the product a bit lower with 3.9 out of 5 stars from over 2,000 reviews.
Bio X4 reviews on Reddit often contain dialogues on the reliability of the science. Most agree that there is extensive science behind the ingredients, but less knowledge about the product itself.
Bio X4 Pros and Cons
- It is 100% natural
- The ingredients are clinically advised and mostly from whole fruits and vegetables
- It promotes good gut health and weight loss to some extent
- Nucific is a reputable company, member of Better Business Bureau since 2017, and responds well to reviews and complaints
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- It has potential side effects
- Not readily available in physical stores
- Price is not generous if you are on a budget
- You get significant results only if you take it daily
The Nebula Genomics DNA test is the most complete out there. In addition to the most comprehensive DNA sequencing, our reports get weekly updates based on recent research. Plus, you get a detailed program on how to improve your overall health.
Do you want to know how your genes affect your weight? There are some genetic variants that correlate with body mass index. This article on genetic variants on thinness studies the genetics of thinness on underweight people.
Interested in other weight management blends? You may want to check out these other reviews:
- Athletic Greens (foundational nutrition powder)
- Contrave (prescription weight loss pills)
- Guanabana (fruit claimed to have medicinal properties, but may also cause neurotoxicity)
- Hydroxycut (weight loss supplements)
- Iaso Tea (a tea for cleaning and weight loss)
- Ka’Chava (meal replacement shake)
- Leptitox (supplement to increase leptin and induce quick weight loss)
- Lipozene (fiber based weight loss supplement)
- Resurge (deep sleep supplement for weight loss)
- Rootine (personalized supplement and vitamins based on DNA test)
Did you like our Bio X4 review? You can read more reviews on our blog and check out our complete guide to the best DNA test kit and other home tests.