7 Facts from our SeroVital Review
- Recommended dose: 4 capsules with water two hours before breakfast or two hours after dinner before bedtime
- Active ingredients: L-lysine hydrochloride, L-arginine hydrochloride, Oxo-Proline, N-acetyl L-cysteine, L-glutamine, and Schizonepete (aerial parts) Powder,
- Costs: $99 per box (price drops if subscribed)
- How to Order: Through the website SeroVital.com or several retail stores
- How it Works: Try it for three months for better results, and stick to the recommended dose
- Who can take this: Older adults (it is not recommended for those under 18)
- Complementary products: Nebula Genomics provides complete DNA testing to determine better how effectively this supplement will work for you. As stated by SeroVital itself, individual results will vary
This review is written with the intent to be as unbiased as possible. However, it represents the opinion of an individual reviewer and is therefore subjective. Furthermore, at Nebula Genomics we seek to educate the public about the benefits of Whole Genome Sequencing. Information about our Whole Genome Sequencing DNA test is therefore incorporated into the review.
August 24, 2023
Table of Contents
- 7 Facts from our SeroVital Review
- Pros and Cons
- Review of SeroVital: Clinically Tested to Increase the Production of HGH
- Review of SeroVital Cost
- Is SeroVital Safe?
- Review of SeroVital Privacy
- SeroVital in the News
- Other SeroVital Reviews
- Nebula Genomics
Edited by Christina Swords, Ph.D.
Pros and Cons
- It is the result of years of studies and has been around for a long time
- Readily available in the United States
- The products used in the formula are FDA-approved.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- The price may be high
- Studies that back it up are incomplete
- SeroVital high dosage (4 pills on an empty stomach) required
- Side effects have been reported
What is SeroVital? Serovital is a group of supplements and topicals that offer women over 45 better skin and hair and diminish aging signs. This SeroVital review will focus on the banner product, the anti-aging formula you take in capsules. The product works by increasing levels of HGH (human growth hormone), a hormone that decreases in production with age.
This amino acid blend promises to counteract the effects of aging on the skin and hair. It uses natural ingredients in a proprietary formula that helps increase human growth hormone levels. According to its claims, SeroVital can increase HGH levels by 682%.
SeroVital is addressed exclusively to women in their mid-40s who want to look rejuvenated, energized, and with reduced signs of aging. However, men can use SeroVital as well. In fact, the company performed the SeroVital clinical trial with both men and women.
Human growth hormone as a “miraculous” substance to counteract the signs of aging is not a new concept. Those who believe it helps strengthen lean muscle, increase blood flow in the skin, and stimulate collagen production, among other things, take synthetic HGH through prescribed injections.
These HGH injections are controversial as they may be considered a way of illegally acquiring a competitive advantage. Plus, they are expensive and hard to obtain. Companies like SanMedica International™, which creates and promotes SeroVital, believe that with the right blend of amino acids and natural ingredients, you can stimulate your body to keep growth hormone levels above age normal.
They call HGH the “wonder hormone,” although there is not enough scientific research to back up these claims. However, there is evidence that some of the ingredients found in SeroVital can help increase HGH production by the pituitary gland. However, above-average HGH levels in your body also have consequences, and studies suggest some side effects associated with cancer and cardiovascular issues.
Is your body apt to get all the exciting results SeroVital promises? How sensitive is your body to side effects from taking this dietary supplement? The answer to that is found in your genes. Nebula Genomics offers complete DNA testing to help figure out how well your body will respond to the substances in SeroVital’s formula.
Review of SeroVital: Clinically Tested to Increase the Production of HGH
The human growth hormone naturally increases metabolism, helps blood circulation, reduces fat cells, tones lean muscle, and promotes healthier skin. Thus, the company markets SeroVital as a product that reverses aging and provides increased energy. According to its creators, it “may reduce wrinkles, tighten saggy skin, decrease body fat, increase lean muscle mass, strengthen bones, and boost mood, while giving you plenty of energy and improving sex drive.”
It is important to note that there are not enough clinical studies to back up these affirmations, but the product seems to have had positive results in many patients.
The Science of SeroVital
The human growth hormone is a single-chain amino acid hormone produced by the pituitary gland. It releases into the bloodstream and travels all over the body.
This hormone has the vital function of helping us grow as we age. But at around age 25, the production levels of this hormone begin to decline. This is why our bodies start to “wind down” around that age.
Reduced HGH results in tired bodies, lack of sleep, mood changes, and wrinkles. In other words, we start to look and feel older. These are the signs that SeroVital aims to reduce to make the average person look younger.
SeroVital has concocted a formula of six active ingredients in its banner supplement to achieve anti-aging effects.
This essential amino acid helps build muscle protein, reduce stress, and increase calcium absorption. It also helps recover from sports injuries or surgeries. This ingredient helps support collagen production so it can be used for skin renewal. The human body needs around 1 g of this substance per day.
Recent studies have found that L-arginine increases levels of HGH production. Most of these studies conclude that this amino acid alone can increase hormone production by 100%. The recommended daily dose for this one is 5-9 g. Besides this, L-arginine may promote better metabolic and vascular function.
Another amino acid that helps prevent the oxidative process, which affects aging. It can also help improve the metabolic process and memory function.
The medical effects of N-acetylcysteine (NAC) have not been entirely clinically proven. It is typically used as a mucolytic (loosening up of mucus) and an antioxidant.
The most abundant amino acid in the bloodstream, it has an anti-inflammatory function. It also supports cell regeneration, and it may also be beneficial for the skin.
Schizonepeta tenuifolia is an herb member of the catnip family traditionally used to treat colds and fevers in Chinese medicine. The powder can have a euphoric effect, improving mood and energy levels.
There’s also a SeroVital Advanced, which, besides the ingredients listed above, contains other ingredients:
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid): a natural antioxidant. It also promotes the production of collagen for better skin
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol): a critically important hormone for growth and development. It helps maintain healthy bones and prevents osteoporosis
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2): essential to the generation of energy, so it might help energize your body as you age
- Zinc (as zinc gluconate): beneficial in the treatment of age-related macula, and it helps build lean muscle. It might also help promote the production of growth hormone
- Selenium (as L-selenomethionine): an important antioxidant that helps reduce aging and promotes healthy organs all over the body, including the heart and prostate
- Copper (as copper gluconate): well-known for its properties to produce red blood cells. According to a study, it may also increase the production of HGH in the body
Serovital Advanced Ingredients
This SeroVital Advanced also includes a proprietary blend of the following ingredients:
- Chlorella (broken cell): alga loaded with many nutrients, including proteins, vitamins, omega 3, fiber, and antioxidants. It may also stimulate the production of HGH, but studies about it are inconclusive
- Lady’s Mantle (leaf) extract: traditionally used to treat wounds and female ailments like menstrual cramps. Its effectiveness for these is not solidly proven, though
- Olive (leaf) extract: has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help reduce the effects of aging
- Cumin (seed) extract: works as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. There is no proven relationship between this plant and the production of HGH
- Smart release purified Japanese glucomannan (Konjac root extract): contains high content of glucomannan, a type of fiber. Studies associating it with weight loss are inconclusive
- Coffee bean extract: caffeine can help boost energy and may help suppress appetite for losing weight
- Wild mint leaf extract: an herb widely used to treat diarrhea and menstrual cramps. Further study is needed to support this claim
- Triticum aestivum seed extract: extracted from wheat seeds and is associated with skincare
- Collagen peptides: a popular skincare product, this protein can help smoothen out the skin to reduce wrinkles and baggy eyes
- Keratin peptides: Similar to collagen peptides, keratin is a protein found in hair, nails, and skin.
- Hyaluronic acid (as sodium hyaluronate): may help brighten your skin and have similar effects to HGH
The full ingredient list for SeroVital Advanced is: L-lysine hydrochloride, L-arginine hydrochloride, Oxo-proline, N-acetyl L-cysteine, L-glutamine, Schizonepeta (aerial parts) Powder, Vitamin c, Vitamin D, Riboflavin, Zinc, Selenium, Copper, Chloretta, Lady’s Mantle Extract, Olive (leaf) Extract, Cumin (seed) Extract, Coffee (bean) Extract, Wild Mint (leaf) Extract, Smart Release purified Japanese Glucomannan, Triticum aestivum Extract, Collagen Peptides, Keratin Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid.
Review of other SeroVital Products
Besides the two core products from SeroVital, there is a listing of at least nine supplements for healthy aging and skin and beauty care. All of them aim to provide healthier skin and reduce the signs of aging. The company will suggest you use the core products for better results.
Because the hair’s appearance and health are vital to a rejuvenated look, SeroVital also offers Hair Thickening Serum that nurtures and protects the hair.
How does it work?
The combination of ingredients in SeroVital works best when taken regularly. Marketed to women above their 40s, this product can be used by people 18 years and older.
The recommended dose is four yellow tablets on an empty stomach two hours after eating and not eating anything for the following two hours. It is important to take this supplement without food in your system since it may interfere with the formula’s effectiveness.
Once you start taking this supplement, you should expect to see results within three months. During this time, you must take the doses without skipping a day. The positive effects of SeroVital only last as long as you take the supplement.
For even better results, users should combine the regular use of this supplement with dietary changes and exercise.
Review of SeroVital Cost
The price of the same box varies depending on the program you choose. If you only want to try one package for a 30-day supply, then the cost for SeroVital is $99. However, if you commit and subscribe, you get each box for $79. Those who want to give the 90-day challenge a try get three boxes for $198 – a value of $66 per package.
SeroVital Advanced is about $20 more for each option. If you find this too expensive, other products can better fit your budget.
Is SeroVital Safe?
All the ingredients in SeroVital are natural and safe in a limited daily dose. The use of this supplement, then, should not be dangerous if taken long-term.
If you are wondering about SeroVital side effects, the product’s ingredients should not be of much concern. However, there is a question about the impact of the overproduction of human growth hormone (HGH) on the body.
Studies have shown adverse long-term effects associated with HGH:
- Ventricular hypertrophy
- Worsening of diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Joint, muscle, and nerve pain
- Stomach pains
Although SanMedica International states that you can stop taking the supplements at any time, some users have reported withdrawal effects such as drowsiness and lack of energy. Studies reveal that an HGH withdrawal may have serious side effects such as depression and irritability.
Review of SeroVital Privacy
SeroVital will not sell or distribute your information to third parties. How it handles your data, per its policy, guarantees that it will only use it for specified purposes.
Personal information is only used to process orders and subscriptions. This information, however, can be used to better market its products to you.
SeroVital in the News
Dr. Oz Features “Anti-Aging” Secret on His Show
Growth Hormone Booster SeroVital®-HGH Causing Frenzy of Excitement at Renowned Sleep Conference
Supplement Maker Can’t Erase Anti-Aging Fraud Suit In NJ
Other SeroVital Reviews
Does Sero Vital work? SeroVital can be found online and in major stores (including SeroVital Costco amounts). This allowed us to find reviews from many places, and many of them are positive. These customers agreed that the product produced the re-energizing effects as advertised.
On Amazon, the product received a 4.2-star rating with over 3400 reviews. As expected, some people were not satisfied with the results because they had the opposite effect in some cases, and others warned that they experienced side effects.
If you are still curious about how well (or not) SeroVital will work for you, you can try the $99 one box. Nevertheless, the company claims that you can start seeing significant results, but only after three months or so. This means that you should spend over $200 at the risk of it not working for you.
Nebula Genomics can provide genetic testing to help confirm how well you will respond to these supplements. Why risk it if you can get a DNA test that will better tell you if this is a good plan for you or not? Since Nebula Genomics decodes 100% of your DNA, you can explore how your body might respond to other supplements as well – all by purchasing a single DNA test!
While other services will only decode a small portion of your DNA, our 30x Whole Genome Sequencing will get you full DNA decoding. What a great way to know your body and not take any risks with supplements that have insufficient clinical studies or none at all!
You can use our DNA exploration tools to answer further questions about your genome and will receive weekly updates in our personalized reports.
Skin and hair care:
- AgelessRx (prescription anti-aging products)
- Arbonne (a catalog of aging well products)
- Capillus (laser-filled caps to stimulate hair follicles)
- Curology (personalized acne treatment)
- Keeps (prescription-strength hair-loss treatment)
- Nutrafol (supplements for hair growth and thickening)
- Obagi (prescription and over-the-counter skin care products)
- Plexaderm (reduces wrinkles for short-term effect)
- PotentLift (variety of products for skin health and anti-aging)
- Vegamour (plant-based hair care products)
- Viviscal (supplements for hair growth and thickening)
Did you find our SeroVital review helpful? You can read more reviews on our blog and our complete guide to the best DNA test kit and other home tests.