Table of Contents
- 7 Facts from our Capillus Review
- Capillus Introduction
- Review of Capillus Science
- Capillus Cap Review
- Capillus Cap Reviews
- Capillus Pros and Cons
- Other Capillus Reviews
- Capillus in the News
- Nebula Genomics
7 Facts from our Capillus Review
- Location: Miami, FL
- Product: Laser products for hair regrowth, clinical hair care, volumizing keratin brush, and hair care accessories
- Costs: $999 – $2999 (caps)
- Results: Customer reviews indicate that the products are highly effective for hair regrowth
- Privacy: Capillus offers the use of a secure server to protect the privacy of customers. They also implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Capillus will also not share your information with a third-party without first seeking your consent.
- Raw Data Access: Capillus does not offer access to raw data
- Complementary Products: Nebula 100x Whole Genome Sequencing is a DNA Test that decodes all of your genetic blueprints with high accuracy.
Capillus products are made by Miami-based Curallux, LLC, a leading manufacturer of photobiomodulation medical devices. They offer various hair treatment services and products, including a laser for hair regrowth, clinical hair care, volumizing keratin brush, and hair care accessories.
They are a leader in the creation of medical devices for photobiomodulation therapy (previously known as Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT)). This treatment approach uses red or near-infrared light to stimulate, heal, regenerate, and/or protect tissue that has either been injured, is degenerating, or is at risk of dying.
Curallux creates new, personal-use technological products and ancillary products that can be used by men or women who care for their physical appearance and also want to improve their personal care. Their laser treatment for hair loss is safe without side effects, FDA approved, and its satisfaction guaranteed. All Capillus laser devices can be returned within 6 months after purchase if you’re not satisfied with the result. It is especially useful to treat androgenetic alopecia, a common form of hair loss.
One of their most fun products is the Capillus laser therapy cap, which many customers claim works incredibly well. It is a non-invasive, low-level medical grade laser therapy cap for hair regrowth offering a safe and easy-to-use method to prevent hair loss progression. It also helps to restore thinning hair, often caused by genetics. It features laser diodes providing excellent coverage for the required six-minute daily sessions. And it also comes with a long lasting, rechargeable lithium-ion battery.
Carlos Piña is the founder and CEO of Curallux, LLC. He studied at Florida International University FIU between 1974 and 1980. He’s skilled in medical devices, hair transplant, hair restoration product development, laser, and Healthcare, among others. The company was founded in 2012, and has, ever since, helped a lot of people regrow their hair through laser technology.
Review of Capillus Science
Capillus uses a technique called Photomodulation therapy for treating hair loss. The procedure is often shortened to PBMT. It is the medical application of laser science to stimulate cellular function, rejuvenate tissue, promote healing, improve circulation, and reduce inflammation. This therapy is suitable for those who are suffering from male and female pattern hair loss.
In 2007, the FDA first approved low-level light therapy for the treatment of mild to moderate male pattern hair loss in the form of a laser comb device designed to re-grow hair. Capillus does not sell these devices.
When a person’s hair begins to fall off in the absence of external factors like burns, and some or all parts of the head start to go bald, often it is usually caused as a result of weak cells. Thus, if a portion of the head is bald, it is possible that the cells responsible for hair growth in such a part are weak and can’t perform their duties effectively.
When this happens, the cells need to be energized to continue performing their tasks. This is where the Capillus hat comes in. It is visible red laser light, useful in stimulating the growth phase and energizing the cells within the hair follicles. Thus, with such stimulation, the cells will be empowered to effectively perform their task, and you’ll begin to see regrowth of hair. These claims are supported by clinically proven scientific studies.
The Capillus products are also complemented with Cap+ clinical hair therapy products. This complementary product helps to gently cleanse and moisturize hair and exfoliate the scalp for optimal hair health.
RxCap+® Minoxidil is a Capillus product formula that comes with an easy- spray pump allowing for targeted application. The pump also helps to make the formula penetrate the scalp for better absorption. This formula dries more quickly than other formulas because it’s a non-foaming application.
Cap+ dietary supplement is another formula available that’s engineered for overall hair health. It helps to hold key ingredients such as biotin, cysteines. and saw palmetto to treat the common causes of hair loss. It also nourishes the scalp to aid healthy hair growth.
Capillus Cap Review
The company’s main product is their nifty baseball caps that contain hundreds of low energy lights to stimulate hair growth through regular wear.
Please note that Capillus does NOT reverse baldness or make hair grow. Instead, it stimulates the growth and activity of thinning hair.
They also offer clinical hair therapy products that are sold as shampoo, conditioner, sprays, and supplements and a Cap+ Volumizing Keratin Brush, a tool that claims to instantly cover bald spots and hair lines.
How to purchase Capillus products
How to use Capillus caps
The company offers three main caps, each with a different total output of light based on the number of diodes in the cap: Ultra (410 mW), Plus (1010 mW), or Pro (1360 mW). These light outputs are all safe and cool to the touch. There are a few additional mid-range models with differing numbers of lasers that create outputs in between these standard ones. More lasers translates to more coverage.
All models are designed to be worn for 6 minutes each day, allowing for even distribution of the light therapy. The company does mention that use of Capillus products should not be discontinued, but do not provide reasoning behind that statement.
Customers are expected to see results within 6-12 months of wearing the cap regularly.
Cap+ Volumizing Keratin Brush
The Keratin brush uses keratin fibers to increase hair volume and reduce the appearance of hair thinning. As you brush, these fibers are applied and cling statically to your hair to temporarily conceal areas where hair is thinning. This approach tends to be cleaner than messy sprays or wet solutions. Dry keratin fibers cling statically to your hair, but wash off with shampoo.
There are 11 keratin colors to choose from to match your natural hair.
Capillus Cap Reviews
Capillus sells their laser caps and other complementary products. The Capillus caps cost pretty high prices, but customers can set up payment plans to help manage the Capillus cost.
Buy Capillus caps
- CapillusUltra: $999
- CapillusUltra+: $1399
- CapillusX: $1499
- CapillusPlus: $1999
- CapillusX+: $2899
- CapillusPro: $2999
- CapillusUltra Max Bundle: $999
Buy Keratin Brush, replacement cartridges, and accessories
- Cap+ Volumizing Keratin Brush Starter Kit: $249.99
- Cap+ Volumizing Keratin Brush: $199.99
- Cap+ Keratin Fiber Replacement Cartridges 4-Pack: $49.99
- Cap+ Keratin Fiber Replacement Cartridges 2-Pack: $28.99
- Cap+ Keratin Fiber Replacement Cartridges 1-Pack: $14.99
- Cap+ Holding Spray 2.5 FL oz: $9.99
- Cap+ Hard Bristle Head: $19.99
- Cap+ Hairline Perfecting Fan Brush: $7.99
Buy Clinical hair products
- Cap+ Clinical Hair Therapy – Hair Health Supplement: $29.95
- RXCap+ 5% Minoxidil for Men – Compare to Men’s Rogaine Extra Strength: $29.95
- RXCap+ 2% Minoxidil for Women: $29.95
- CAP+ Clinical Hair Therapy Bundle: $149.95
- CAP+ Clinical Hair Therapy – Shampoo: $34.95
- CAP+ Clinical Hair Therapy – Conditioner: $34.95
- CAP+ Clinical Hair Therapy – Activator: $59.95
- CAP+ Clinical Hair Therapy – Revitalizer: $39.95
- Cap+ Ultimate Hair & Scalp Box for Men – FDA-approved: $174.99
- Cap+ Ultimate Hair & Scalp Box for Women – FDA-approved: $174.99
- Replacement Capillus Battery Pack with AC Adapter: $79
The products do come with a limited warranty, but it must be activated within 30 days of purchase. While Capillus does include a “satisfaction guarantee,” the guarantee necessitates that customers wait 180 days after delivery before they can return the product. There’s also a 25 percent restocking fee of the purchase price.
The company collects information when you use their website and when you order their products. Some of the information they collect includes your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information.
They use your information for specific purposes, including personalizing your experience such that you get the best products and services. Other reasons include improving their website, improving their customer service, process transactions, and sending periodic emails.
The company uses a secure server for better security and keeps customers information confidential.
All sales are final. If you need assistance, please contact Capillus customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 786-888-6249.
Capillus Pros and Cons
- Easy to use
- Clinically tested
- FDA approved with no side effects
- Effective for androgenetic alopecia, a common hair loss pattern in both men and women
- Not made for children under 13 years old
- Can take up to a year for results to be observed
Other Capillus Reviews
Most Capillus caps are available on Amazon. CapillusUltra Mobile Laser Therapy Cap has 159 Capillus laser cap reviews on Amazon with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars on the site. You can check the site to see what customers think about Capillus products.
Does Capillus work? The reviews are fairly mixed. Many people claim that the cap works wonders to make their hair look and feel fuller. However, other customers say it doesn’t work at all, even after months of use.
Similarly, Capillus earned a 4.4 out of 5 stars on TrustPilot. Some of the more recent reviews are critical of the company’s customer service and return policy.
To see more pictures and also read more customer reviews, you can refer to their Instagram page.
Additional reviews and testimonials are available on the company website, where customers gave the company a 4.5 out of 5 stars reviews with over 500 reviews.
Capillus in the News
In 2020, when the Covid-19 pandemic broke across the world, Curallux CEO issued a statement to show a sense of care at such a trying time. According to the CEO, “All of us at Curallux – the company behind the Capillus and Curavi brands of medical devices – want you to know that we are holding our great nation and the world in our thoughts and prayers for you and your loved ones to remain safe and healthy during these unique, trying times.”
Capillus claims to reverse hereditary hair loss. You may have already noticed these hair thinning effects. Or you may be at risk for hair loss in the future since you can inherit baldness and hair thinning from your parents. In order to determine if you might be interested in a product like capillus in the future, you should take a DNA test to determine your predisposition to natural hair loss.
Most of the DNA tests performed only decode 0.02% of individual DNA. With that, there’s a high chance for error, and the result might not be entirely reliable. At Nebula Genomics, our 30X Whole Genome Sequencing will decode 100% of your DNA and fully unlock your genetic blueprints.
You can begin your journey of discovery without risking the privacy of your most personal information with Nebula Genomics. This is because we uphold our customers’ privacy and ensure that their personal information is well protected. Also, if you have any questions about your DNA, you can use the powerful, browser-based genome exploration tools that we provide. You’ll as well have the opportunity to explore the Nebula Research Library containing over 200 research-based reports, which are updated weekly to reflect new scientific discoveries.
If you are interested in more hair growth products, you may want to check out
- Keeps (prescription strength hair loss treatment)
- Nutrafol (supplements for hair growth and thickening)
- Vegamour (plant-based hair care products)
- Viviscal (supplements for hair growth and thickening)
Other products that may help you look physically younger include:
- Arbonne (a catalog of aging well products)
- Curology (personalized acne treatment)
- Plexaderm (reduces wrinkles for short term effect)
- SeroVital (reduces signs of aging)
- Yoga Burn (yoga instuctional videos for weight loss)
Or these other tests and supplements that support aging well:
- Elysium Health (supplements designed to slow down aging)
- Neuriva (supplement to improve brain function)
- Nugenix (testosterone booster)
- Prevagen (a supplement designed to improve memory)
- Relief Factor (supplement to reduce pain)
- TeloYears (uses telomere length to assess biological age)
- Test Boost Max (testosterone booster)
- Tru Niagen (supplements designed to slow down aging)
Did you like our Capillus review? You can read more reviews on our blog and check out our complete guide to the best DNA test kit and other home tests.